Methods to convert PowerPoint to DVD
Time and time again, friends from Yahoo answer asked me how to convert PowerPoint to DVD.
One of them created a compelling PowerPoint photo slideshow with music and movie clips embedded, but he had no choice but attached the huge package in the email to send it to others for sharing.
Another one is a teacher. He had to make a presentation at a place where there is no computer but only a DVD Player and TV. So he should know how to burn PowerPoint to DVD and make it possible to play PowerPoint on TV.
So it is necessary to write a comprehensive guide to help guys to burn PowerPoint to DVD for easily distribute and save PowerPoint on DVD.
This guide will show you how to convert PowerPoint to DVD and save PowerPoint on DVD. It includes the following 5 sections:
- Use Windows movie maker to convert PowerPoint to video and burn converted PowerPoint to DVD - Free
- Use PPT2Video to convert PowerPoint to video and burn converted PowerPoint to DVD - $49.95
- Use PPT to DVD Pro to burn PowerPoint to DVD directly - $79.95
- Use Camtasia Studio to record PowerPoint to video and burn recorded PowerPoint to DVD - $299.95
- Mac users ? Export PowerPoint/Keynote file to Quicktime video to burn converted PowerPoint/Keynote to DVD - Mac users
Step 2. Import the pictures to your Windows Movie Maker
Step 3. Select all the imported images and add them to Storyboard
Step 4. Add video effects to the slides (Optional)
Step 5. Save the slide show as Movie File.
Part 2. Use Acoolsoft PPT to Video Pro to convert PowerPoint to video and burn converted PowerPoint to DVD - $49.95
Step 1. Select "PowerPoint to MPEG-2" and Import PowerPoint files to convert PPT to Video
Part 3. Use PPT to DVD Pro to burn PowerPoint to DVD directly - $79.95
Step 1: Import: You can import up to 9 presentation files at a time.
Step 2: Setting: Check the default settings and make some changes if needed
Step 3. Burn: Burn PowerPoint to DVD with a DVD Burner( either PPT to DVD Pro built-in burner or Nero)
Part 4. Use Camtasia Studio to record PowerPoint to video and burn recored PowerPoint to DVD - $299.95
Step 1. Set your computer display resolution as 800*600
Step 2. Save your PPT file as PPS file
Step 3. Set Camtasia studio to record the whole screen
Step 4. Play your PowerPoint PPS file and Press "F9" to start recording the screen
Step 5. When you reach your last blank slide, Press F10 to tell Camtasia Recorder to stop recording. You will be prompted to save the captured slideshow, so choose a directory and enter a filename.
Click "Save". Camtasia will save your capture as an .AVI file.
Step 6. Then you can burn the video to DVD with Nero or RoxioTop
Step 1. In Powerpoint, export your presentation as a Quicktime movie "PowerPoint Movie"
If you are using keynote, just export your presentation to Quicktime file directly
Step 2. Burn the Quicktime movie to DVD with your DVD burner.
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Method 1 is free but it will lose the transitions and animations in your original PowerPoint.
- Method 2 is cheap and it can retain transitions and animations, but it can't create DVD menus and retain the inner hyperlinks.
- Method 3 has a medium price, it can burn PowerPoint to DVD with DVD Menus and retain the animations, transitions, sound and movie clips in the original PowerPoint file. (Recommended)
- Method 4 is fairly expensive, but it has lots of other functions such as recording the screen.
- Method 5 is free, but only for Mac users.
Note: Now Acoolsoft released PPT to Video Free for you to convert PowerPoint to more video formats for free, Please click here.
Topics you may also interested in: