Last time, We have discussed some PowerPoint presentation skills
. Now we are go on introducing some PowerPoint Presentation tips
to make your presentation more interesting and effective.
1. Put as little on a slide as you can manage (keep the text VERY simple). Full sentences are NOT bullet points. Titles however, should be full sentences where possible.
2. Never use a font smaller than 24 point for normal text (you can sometimes get away with 20 point in diagrams but only if you absolutely have to.
3. A picture paints a thousand words – use a photograph or other picture on nearly every slide (as long as it is relevant). Think about creating your own graphic with the drawing tools if you can’t find a suitable one elsewhere.
4. Use a simple background, if light use dark text if dark use light text. Experiment with creating your own with simple colours or gradients rather than using the preset ones. You can add simple coloured bars or lines to the edge of the slide master.
5. If animating text, do it simply and quickly. The best options are "Appear", "Wipe" (from top or left, very fast), Fade (only if very fast).
1. Select sans-serif fonts such as Arial or Helvetica. Avoid serif fonts such as Times New Roman or Palatino as they are sometimes more difficult to read.
2. Use no font size smaller than 24 point.
3. Clearly label each screen. Use a larger font (35-45 points) or different color for the title.
4. Use a single sans-serif font for most of the presentation. Use different colors, sizes and styles (bold, underline) for impact.
5. Avoid italicized fonts as they are difficult to read quickly.
6. No more than 6-8 words per line
7. For bullet points, use the 6 x 6 Rule. One thought per line with no more than 6 words per line and no more than 6 lines per slide
8. Use dark text on light background or light text on dark background. However, dark backgrounds sometimes make it difficult for some people to read the text.
9. Do not use all caps except for titles.
To test the font, stand back six feet from the monitor and see if ypou can read the slide.
Show your PowerPoint Presentations in a different way
We have discussed this for many times. For example, you can burn PowerPoint to DVD to play it on TV through a DVD player. Or Convert PowerPoint to video to upload your presentations to websites or your mobile devices. For more ways to share your PowerPoint presentations without the need of a MS PowerPoint installed computer, you can click here.
And Here are 9 PowerPoint Tips for a great presentation which were written by Vincent.
- 1. Create some variation
Picture after picture and bullet list after bullet list will be boring. Try to keep it exciting.
- 2. Use a nice quality theme
Same here; your audience has seen the standard a million times.
Don’t use over the top charts
If you use a pie chart; don’t a have it split up in 40 categories.
Pick your colours
Colours bring emotion into your presentation, do some research on the net and choose them wisely.
Keep it simple
You are telling the story and don’t let you audience be distracted by what they see on the monitor.
Choose your fonts well
What happens if your clients can’t read your presentation?
7. Limit transitions and animations
Try to keep it subtle and don’t make a movie of your slide.
Use video or audio
Use audio clips such as interviews but keep away from the cheesy sounds like clapping audience.
9. Use only high quality graphics
Don’t use the PowerPoint clip art. Your audience has seen them a million times. Grab some nice photos from the net or take some pictures yourself.